Best Microphones For Home Studio
In today’s blog post we are going to talk about the ‘Best Microphones For Home Studio’
As always these are only recommendations and I always suggest you research and read reviews to find the best mic for you.
So, what are the ‘Best Microphones For Home Studios’?
Let’s have a look at a few recommendations below:
MXL 990 Condenser Microphone – £80 / $103
- Nice clean design
- Ideal for vocals and Acoustic instruments
- Nice clean sound (when isolated properly)
- Comes complete with shock mount, hard case & mic stand adapter
- Picks up background noise easily if not isolated properly
RODE NT1-A Condenser Microphone Bundle – £147 / $190
- Good clean sound
- Great design
- Easy to use
- Has been reviewed by some as being quite “heavy”
- A few reviews online claim the shock mount and pop filter don’t fit properly
Audio-Technica AT2020 Microphone – £97 / $125
- Great sound quality for the price
- Nice strong build
- Very versatile
- Can pick up noise easily if not isolated properly
Ok so those are what I’d call the “budget” microphones.
Lets look at this last one below, which is a little more expensive, then the 3 we have just covered.
Audio-Technica AT4040 – £339 / $437
- Looks great
- Nice clean sound
- Strong build
- Performs well
- Quite expensive
- No bundle included
So there you have it, a selection of the Best Microphones For Home Studios.
My final thoughts would be to go for the RODE NT1-A Condenser Microphone Bundle as for its price you really can’t fault how it performs.
As I’ve said before it is ultimately your choice and so it would be beneficial for you to do your research before making a purchase.
What microphone are you using?
Have I missed any that should have made the list?
Comment below and let me know.